Re: KAT500 to EXTERNAL antenna changeover

David Cutter

Thanks, Joe, I was beginning to think it would need some modest surgery.

73 David G3UNA

On 17 June 2021 at 02:55 "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

> In short, I would like to use one button press to do both operations: > How can I do that?

Tap the appropriate Ant1/Ant2/Ant3 LED and use it to drive a relay
(via the appropriate control circuit) to duplicate the behavior of
your manual switch.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-16 11:25 AM, David Cutter via groups.io wrote:
I have 2 multi-band antennas a long way from the shack and wish to use a single coax with a changeover relay at each end. Let's say antenna A and antenna B.
In a basic set-up I can select either antenna from a 12V supply to the changeover master relay and it will present the antennas into either antenna socket 1 or antenna socket 2 on the KAT500,
then I would select that antenna from the KAT500 front panel.  In this way I take advantage of the memories for each antenna as if they were directly connected with their own coax.

To compare each antenna on a particular station it would quicker and more certain if I could press only the antenna selector on the KPA500 then it would signal the relay box to change over.

OR
have my switch on the relay box send a signal to the KAT500 to change antennas, NB without interfering with the band/segment data.

In short, I would like to use one button press to do both operations:
How can I do that?

I have a KRC2 and N6TV Y box if that helps.

Thanks in advance and 73
David G3UNA