Re: K3s and DXL Commander or N1MM+

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-06-16 12:26 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
@ Thanks, Gordon, but how does that explain Jim's report that Commander could track his K3S's frequency but not its mode?
The K3s uses a data multiplexer to switch between the RS-232 and
USB connections. I suspect there is some signal leakage through
the data mux and some portion of a poll/response leak through
while some (perhaps second/third command in a string) do not.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-16 12:26 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
@ more AA6YQ comments below
I suspect that what he means is the radio was set to use the rs-232 port and not the usb port.
@ Thanks, Gordon, but how does that explain Jim's report that Commander could track his K3S's frequency but not its mode?
73,
Dave, AA6YQ
On 6/15/2021 18:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Resolved. RS232 Config item was set at 38400. Wrong. Rolled RS232 to USB and all is well. At age 86, items like this do not recall correctly.

+ That's why directing the DXLab Launcher to populate a Workspace when everything is working correctly is so important. Known good settings can then be restored with a couple of mouse clicks.

A kind, smart Elecraft tech helped me test and find this. On another happy note, he told me not to worry about parts inventory as Elecraft can repair most boards unless a catastrophic event occurs, CASE CLOSED.

+ If the K3S "RS232 Config" menu offers 38400 as a choice, why is it wrong? The K3S manual notes that firmware upgrades are automatically conducted via the serial port at 38400.

+ Did you have Commander configured for a baud rate other than 38400?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ