Re: K3s and DXL Commander or N1MM+

Gordon LaPoint

I suspect that what he means is the radio was set to use the rs-232 port and not the usb port.
Gordon - n1mgo

On 6/15/2021 18:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Resolved. RS232 Config item was set at 38400. Wrong. Rolled RS232 to USB and all is well. At age 86, items like this do not recall correctly.

+ That's why directing the DXLab Launcher to populate a Workspace when everything is working correctly is so important. Known good settings can then be restored with a couple of mouse clicks.

A kind, smart Elecraft tech helped me test and find this. On another happy note, he told me not to worry about parts inventory as Elecraft can repair most boards unless a catastrophic event occurs, CASE CLOSED.

+ If the K3S "RS232 Config" menu offers 38400 as a choice, why is it wrong? The K3S manual notes that firmware upgrades are automatically conducted via the serial port at 38400.

+ Did you have Commander configured for a baud rate other than 38400?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ