Joe Subich, W4TV

Ge out your RJ45 to DB9 cable (supplied with the K3S), configure the K3S
for RS-232 at 38,400 bps, and connect to a *real* serial port or USB to
serial adapter on your computer.

That should tell you if the USB section of the KIO3B is bad or whether
you have some other configuration issue.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-15 12:49 PM, Jim Denneny wrote:
I have concluded my KI03B IO board has partially failed in my K3S.  The good news is I can nurse WSJT to communicate through DXLab Commander but, I no longer can connect with N1MM+
The bad news is zero inventory on replacement and a potential 90 day wait.  A power surge is a possible culprit in my failure.  Elecraft indicated this might be the last spare parts order for K3 parts.  I hope that is not the case.
Jim K7EG