K3s and DXL Commander or N1MM+

Jim Denneny

I am having an I/O communication issue  with DXL Commander, N1MM+ etc.  Cable is not issue. Connection is over Com 8 using FTDI driver.  PC says COM8 is working OK.

Here are the symptoms:

1. K3s / Commander Commander is receiving VFO A data but not mode. I must enter mode manually into Commander.  Commander cannot control K3s. Commander does not read VFO B. I have tried several baud rates and polling rates.

2. N1MM+ cannot discover radio at all.

Hard to imagine K3 I/O board failed. Has anyone experienced that? If it were Windows port failure, OS would tell me port failed.

In short I am totally stumped

Jim