Re: USB rig control

Lou W7HV

As an unknown and disrespected engineer, I'll add the following.  The TX side band consists of ~3kHz band of RF frequencies.  Even if the carrier was present, there's no audio signal to mix with it to produce the other sideband.  The carrier would have to mix with the TX signal to recreate the audio signal, and that audio signal would then have to mix with the carrier again to produce two sidebands at the TX frequency, including the undesired one. I think that's a tough one to pull off, even for Yaesu. ;-)