Re: SWR

Wes Stewart

(As a late friend and engineering mentor used to say, "I love solving these old familiar problems that just keep popping up.")

I addressed something similar years ago.  See my comments in: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-SWR-Numerical-Indication-td7643839.html

Wes  N7WS

On Saturday, June 12, 2021, 10:24:54 AM MST, n3bud <n3bud@...> wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else sees significant differences in SWR readings on the K3, the KPA500, and the KAT500?

I get a fairly low reading on a 40 delta loop I made on an MFJ Analyzer.  However, the K3 reads a 2.1 with the tuner and amp in bypass/standby modes, tuner reads 1.2, and amp reads a 1.4.   With amp placed into operate and tuner left in bypass the K3 reads 1.5, the amp 1.4, and tuner reads 1.2.   I suspect this means the amps input needs to be tuned somehow.    I know, just use the tuner and all is well but I'd like to know why this is occurring.

Thanks,
Mike, N3BUD
K3, KPA500, KAT500