Re: SWR

n3bud

Thanks now I know I am not alone.

On 6/12/2021 2:21 PM, Greg Mitchell wrote:
same problem for me. I can't even run power on 160m into a dummy load with the amp/tuner on bypass, but if they are in line it works fine.

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 1:25 PM n3bud <n3bud@...> wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else sees significant differences in SWR readings on the K3, the KPA500, and the KAT500?

I get a fairly low reading on a 40 delta loop I made on an MFJ Analyzer.  However, the K3 reads a 2.1 with the tuner and amp in bypass/standby modes, tuner reads 1.2, and amp reads a 1.4.   With amp placed into operate and tuner left in bypass the K3 reads 1.5, the amp 1.4, and tuner reads 1.2.   I suspect this means the amps input needs to be tuned somehow.    I know, just use the tuner and all is well but I'd like to know why this is occurring.

Thanks,
Mike, N3BUD
K3, KPA500, KAT500