K3 for POTA

Vic Owen - KB7GL

Since moving to an FTdx101MP as my primary shack rig, I had considered selling my K3 and using my KX3 for POTA. With the mediocre Cycle-25 action, QRP has proven to be marginal for reliable CW and very challenging for SSB. So, I've decided to use the K3 for POTA, with a 20A Bioenno LiFePO battery. The K3 is loaded with most of the available goodies and is fairly light and easy to transport in an Apache case. Not gonna take it on any SOTA trips, but it will become my main POTA rig. Just now getting into POTA as an activator, using a PackTenna EFHW, and I'm looking forward to see how it performs in the field.
--
Vic - KB7GL