EVER Heard of the ECOCFD?
Not my design, but it WORKS.

Mel, K6KBE

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 11:09 AM Dennis Moore <dennis@...> wrote:
How are you transitioning from the coax to the end fed?

If the antenna is connected directly to the jack on the K3 then the
counterpoise would be necessity be connected to the chassis at some
point. But if you're running a length of coax out to the antenna and
using some sort of unun, connect the counterpoise at that unun and use
some type of choke on the coax to keep RF off the shield.

When I'm using an end-fed antenna placed away from the rig, I use the HF
matchbox found here: http://www.earchi.org/proj_homebrew.html connected
directly to an ugly balun. With this setup I've worked as far as
Thailand, Spain, Fiji, New Zealand from California. Easily handles 100
watts.

73, Dennis NJ6G