Re: K3 and end fed wire

Mike Flowers

This article describes an antenna for use with the KX2/KX3, but of course would work with a K3:

https://reflector.sota.org.uk/t/simple-resonant-multiband-antenna-for-use-with-kx3-2-and-internal-atu/16978

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN MCBRIDE
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 09:11
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] K3 and end fed wire

I am considering using my K3 on Field Day with an end fed wire. I have studied the information from Wayne N6KR as well as looked at other information on this topic on line. I am wondering about a transmission line from the ATU (RG8 or other) on the K3 to connect to the end fed wire several feet away. But the recommendation is for the counterpoise to be connected to the ground on the K3. Do I need to run a separate counterpoise wire from the K3 or can the counterpoise be connected to the braid/shield of the transmission line? Any and all responses will be helpful. Thanks!
--
John N0UQC