Properly wiring a straight key?

Ian Kahn

Hello, Elecrafters! I'm newly getting into CW and acquired a used J-37 as my first straight key. It needs to be mounted and properly wired up. Despite checking my K3 manual, Dr. Cady's book, the forums, and my Google-fu (which is, admittedly, below par), I can't find details on how to properly wire this straight key for my K3, and, when they're available as a kit, my K4. I'm probably overthinking something really simple, but I want to make sure I do this correctly, the first time.

Any pointers/tips/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and 73,

Ian, NV4C