Re: What happened to the Elecraft support?

Ian Kahn

Martin,

You're blaming the wrong party. Elecraft can in no way control either what the US Postal Service requires to send parcels overseas, or what your own government's bureaucracy does with the parcel once it arrives. In fact, it sounds, to me, like Elecraft provided their usual level of "over and above" customer service in this case.

As an example, a couple of years ago, I sold my T1 auto tuner to a ham in Canada. I boxed it up and took it to the post office, to mail it. The nice lady at the post office looked at the box, looked at the address, and pointed me to the now legally required customs declaration form. I couldn't even buy the proper postage, without declaring the contents for customs. So, between what Elecraft was legally required to declare to send you the package, and what it sounds like the Czech government charged to release the package to you, this in no way comes back as being Elecraft's fault.

If you don't want to buy a K4, that's your decision. However, please don't blame Elecraft when the actions of our governments cost you this money.

73 de,

--Ian
Ian Kahn, NV4C
Roswell, GA  EM74ua
10-10 #74624  North Georgia Chapter #2038
PODXS 070 #1962
K3 #281, P3 #688 KAT500 #860, KPA500 #1468