Re: KPA500 Combiner - MFJ ACB-1000

David Bunte

Bob -

I don't understand your statement "I guess this is typical of MFJ, attaining performance that flies in the face of laws of physics."

I only glanced at the item in the MFJ Catalog but did not see any claim that is patently false. They say the device combines the output of two amplifiers... I did not see a claim that it accomplished that without loss. Did you see a claim that I missed, or are you just choosing to bash MFJ?

Dave - K9FN

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 9:55 PM Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:

It is interesting that no loss figure is given in the specs.   I've never known of a combiner design that didn't have some amount loss.  I guess this is typical of MFJ, attaining performance that flies in the face of laws of physics.

On 4/28/2021 5:42 PM, j wrote:
Has anyone tried the MFJ ACB-1000 combiner with a pair of KPA500's?  TNX,  Jeff / K1ZN