Re: K3 power adjustment

Chuck Hill K0MV

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3 power adjustment
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 10:53:10 -0600
From: Charles Hill <cphill@...>
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

Bob,

I'm just getting setup for FT-8 with my K3s.  The explanation W3FPR gives is really clear and understandable.

Thanks for the tip.

73,

Chuck K0MV

On 4/24/21 10:09 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:

Yes but the information in the WSJT-X manual IS INCORRECT as applied to Elecraft radios.

Go to:  http://www.w3fpr.com/ and scroll down the left side of the page to "Setup Elecraft radios for Data Modes".    This is absolutely correct and everything else you may read or hear is most assuredly....... wrong.

 4/24/2021 10:19 AM, Bill Mader wrote:
 The WSJT-X manual points out the TX audio should barely move the ALC reading, preferably just below ALC action.  This is the point where reducing TX audio begins to lower RF output power.