Re: K3 power adjustment

Larry

Just what is used by Log4OM.  Otherwise, i would say no.

On 4/23/2021 10:08 AM, Mike Flowers wrote:
Hi Larry,

Do you use any software for CAT control? If so, that software may give you the ability to send commands to the K3.

I use DXLab's Commander. This command string sets the K3 to 20W: 'PC020;MN255; ( The ' at the beginning is required by the Commander software.)

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:02
To: Elecraft-K3@Groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] K3 power adjustment

When i run digital, FT4 or FT8 i normally run the K3 at 40W. When i contact is
marginal and the other end asks for a repeat or two i'll twist the knob up to
80W to complete the QSO. Usually the additional 3 db of power does the job.

What i want to get away from is constantly turning the power knob up and
down from 40 to 80 and back to 40 after the qso is over. Is there a way that a
command could be written and placed into one of the mem channels to do
this and do away with the knob twisting. I've heard of others
mention problems with that control and i don't particularly care to get into
the radio to replace it. No i don't care to run the radio at the high power
setting all the time, only when using CW or AM or occasionally on SSb
(horrors!)

Any thoughts?

Larry W0OGH