Re: KAT500 com issue.

Bill Maddock

I guess you can get firmware upgrades for both ?

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:30 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:

My K3S connects to my KAT500 which then connects to my KPA500.

However to use the KAT500 utility be sure the Tip Ring Sleeve connector is fully inserted into the back of the KAT500 marked PC,  and the USB end connected to the computer.   Go to Windows Device Manager and assure that the port is open and not used by another device.

By turning the power to the KAT500 off and on you should see the port appear in Device Manager.  Make sure the port setting are correct as shown in the manual.

Here's what mine look like.

On 4/14/2021 9:14 AM, KE1F Lou wrote:

I am trying to make connection to my working KAt500 using the Elecraft supplied cable between my computer and my KAT500.

I am receiving the following error message:

10:01:41 Opening serial Port COM8

10:01:41 Serial port COM8 is open

10:01:41 Attempting to contact KAT500 on port COM8 at 38400 bit/s

10:01:42 Attempting to contact KAT500 on port COM8 at 19200 bit/s

10:01:46 Contact failed xe200004e Unexpected device (not a KAT500)

If old age won't kill me COM port problems sure will.

73, Lou KE1F