Re: Dirty Transmitters Web Page

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

While that shows the keyed waveform, it does not show the sideband noise either side of the frequency, nor the transmitter ALC overshoot.  Both of which contribute to noise and artifacts either side of the transmitter carrier frequency.

On 4/10/2021 3:17 PM, Lou W7HV via groups.io wrote:
True enough.  I did the W8JI clix mod on my FT1000MP MkV ~20 years ago and it made a big improvement.  And Yeasu just improved the keying waveform on the FTDX101 with a new software release two days ago. Here's a pic of 60 wpm dits with the CW SHAPE set at 8msec.  Still has some sharp corners...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypzz0ibju7rb9vm/FTDX101%208ms%2060wpm%20202104A.jpg?dl=0