Re: Why is my K3 off frequency?

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

I routinely perform a frequency calibration on my K3S.  The procedure is outlined in the manual, pages 52 & 53.  There is also a somewhat different procedure which I use, employing the CWT and SPOT functions.  Always use the highest reference frequency you can receive such as 15 MHz WWV.

As to being 12 Hz too high, could this be the way you tuned in the net by ear or did you actually set the VFO to display 50.135?   In the FINE mode you can set the frequency to 50.135.000.   Now there is nothing to say this is absolutely correct as indicated by the display.  Correctness depends on the calibration and adjustment of the REF CAL as found in the CONFIG Menu.

On 3/23/2021 5:20 AM, Charles N2SO wrote:
Hi,
Last night my local ham club scheduled their first ever 6Meter Net and Roundtable for 50.135Mz. I operate USB very rarely, preferring CW for all of my Contesting and DX work. Last night the net control station advised me that I was 12Hz too high and that he had to use his RIT control to tune to me. When I turned on my XIT and transmitted down 12Hz I was right on his frequency. This was confirmed by other callers as well. I have also heard this problem mentioned in the past when checking into occasional 75M nets. Is there an adjustment that I can or should make aside from using my XIT?

73, Charles N2SO