From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Bowen
Sent: 28 February 2021 17:52
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] K3S parasitic oscillation

Hi

A friend of mine has a K3S he`s 90 years old and does not do the internet so
I have been tasked with helping him find a solution.
I have tried to get support from Elecraft and their just not interested in
helping out the rig has been to the UK dealer at least three times yet still
the problem persists.
They cannot replicate the problem so have washed their hands of it now.

The K3S is fine when used with 10 watts and fine with 100 watts into a dummy
load. When used with the ATU and a power above 10 watts the K3S goes into
parasitic oscillation in bands from 80m and above.
All other HF rigs when used with the same setup are fine including a K3,
Icom IC 7300. The K3S serial number is 11871.

Cheers

Paul

M0pnn