Re: K3S Power Down

Rick NK7I

In that case, check to see if you can 'share' the serial output of the Arduino to both the amp and the K3S ("talk" to both at the same time).  As long as the command sets are different (i.e. K3S commands end in a semicolon) each piece of hardware would ignore commands for the other; allowing both to be controlled with one serial port.  Caution is needed, this exceeds the RS-232 specs (but is done elsewhere).

Failing that, add another serial port (USB dongle, hub?) on the Arduino to the K3S, which would also be useful in reporting technical details of the station (power out, frequency etc) if RemoteHam software doesn't already.

If neither are an option; petition RemoteHams to add the shutdown ability to their software; time out/LOS shut down included.

73, GL,
Rick NK7I

On 3/2/2021 10:19 PM, Michael Foerster wrote:
On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 03:08 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Why not? It's very simple programming for the Arduino.
I have the serial port going either to my 1.2KW LDMOS amp, or it's switched to the PC for connection to RemoteHams.com.  The time-out timer is to make sure that if I loose the comms (when remote) that it will shut off (and thus ground the antennas, etc.)

   I'm just trying to figure out a better way of turning the rig off...

Thanks anyway guys!

Mike, W0IH