Re: K3S Power Down

Jim Brown

On 3/2/2021 12:16 PM, Michael Foerster wrote:
Problem is, when it does shut off by dropping the 13.8 VDC, it can corrupt the memory in the K3s, it's happened several times.
The problem you're running into is that modern Elecraft rigs (after the K2) write their current setup to RAM when we turn them off with the power switch. If we just kill power, we most likely return to the last "turned off" condition. In a worst case condition, we can end up with "crap" for the radio condition and require a return to default setup (EEINIT) that loses all of our settings. I've run into both of these conditions several times over 12 years.

I've never tried to do what you're doing, but I suspect there's a solution via the AUX terminal. The manual may yield clues to a solution.

73, Jim K9YC