- using a K3S with a Q5Signal 144MHz transverter
using a K3S with a Q5Signal 144MHz transverter
I’m contemplating a http://www.q5signal.com/ 144MHz transverter to use with my K3S. Does anyone have experience with these devices? I’m thinking of buying the 75W version. Some questions, if you can answer them:
- To cover the 144-148MHz band, does the K3S run 28-32MHz?
- How is the PTT signal to the transverter supplied? Can it just be plugged into the Key Out jack?
- When the manual says: “XVn PWR sets maximum K3S power output for the current transverter band, in two ranges: L .01-L1.27 specifies a power level in milliwatts;” (for the low power range), does that mean .01mW to 1.27mW?
- Is the 28MHz IF the right IF? Is 50MHz – 54MHz better?
Bob – W3DK
Join Elecraft-K3@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.