Re: KX3 and utility

Larry

Under other devices it shows a FT@#@R USB UART.  Scanning for hardware changes is quick with nothing being returned as having been found.

Same thing when i scan for hardware changes  with a right click on the laptop name.

When i plug the radio in to the only available USB port, only have two and one is for the wireless internet connection, the computer sees the connection.  Doesn't matter what i plug into that port it gives me the little tones saying i see that.  But i don't see anything else whether looking at USB ports, other devices etc.

If i go to one of the WEBsdr sites i have plenty of audio and a good screen display.  If i go listen to music at SiriusXM i have good audio.  Just nothing from the KX3 and no indication that i have a connection with the radio.  Elecraft Tech support, have any ideas?

Can't make the utility program run without being able to see a com port.  Maybe there is something with this version of WIN 10?  Do other users of WIN 10 see com ports?    I am stumped.

Larry W0OGH

On 2/1/2021 5:51 PM, Bob - KA9MDP wrote:
Is anything listed under "Other Devices"?

With the USB cable plugged in -- right-click on the name of your computer (at the top) in Device Mangler then select "Scan for hardware changes".

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 4:00 PM Larry <telegrapher@q.com> wrote:
I looked in there.  There is nothing shown indicating any sort of com port. NADA Plugging the usb cable in and removing it, I see nothing change.
Larry