Re: KX3 and utility

Marc Veeneman

I downloaded the KX3 utility into my laptop this morning.
I also have the KXUSB cable that came with the KX3 when i bought it 2
years ago. . What do i
need to do to get a com port to show up?
Search for and download an FTDI driver for Windows. Then convince Windows that you really, really, want it installed. If you are relentless enough, often enough, COM3 will appear and the Elecraft program “just works”.

Mac and Linux users don’t have this problem because the driver was included with the operating system. In fact it is part of the Linux kernel.

73,
Marc K8ILB