KX3 and utility

Larry

I downloaded the KX3 utility into my laptop this morning.  It's a WIN 10
system.

I also have the KXUSB cable that came with the KX3 when i bought it 2
years ago.  After downloading the utility program i rebooted the
computer, just in case.  Plugging the cable into the USB port and ACC1
on the radio then running the utility.  The program comes up ok, or at
least it seems to.  however when i go to select a com port, nothing
shows up.  The radio is operating properly as i can tell.  What do i
need to do to get a com port to show up?  Or do i get one at all with
the USB cable?  Won't connect until i put or get something in that box.

What do i do next?

Larry W0OGH