Re: KX3 audio

K1dj

Good morning Larry. You will need an external USB sound card to interface between the KX3 and the computer. There is a variety of advice online, and the subject is covered pretty well in the Cady KX3 book.
73 - Rich, K1DJ

On Jan 30, 2021, at 11:44 AM, Larry <telegrapher@q.com> wrote:

I bought a new H-P Win 10 laptop to use with my KX3 using FT8/FT4/etc.
I have the USB cable that is supposed

to work with it however i think i'm beginning to see that it is not for
use with WSJT or similar programs. Is it only for data transfers like
updating your config files in the kX3?

I tried taking the audio from the headphone jack and running it to the
laptop jack marked for headset. NOthing is showing up in any of my
laptop programs like WSJTX, Voicemeeter banana, MMTTY, FLdigi etc.

I'm lost. There is no USB CODEC listed anyplace in the laptop. Is that
a necessity? I know there is one in my main station for use with the K3
and i can enable or disable it easily. Is there some other way to get
audio from the KX3 into the laptop?

Sumtin aint rite?

Larry W0OGH