Re: K3 shutting off SN 2963

Clay Autery

Low number K3....  Should be checked for the NON-gold pins issue.

73,

______________________
Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389
On 01/11/21 17:30, Bill Maddock via groups.io wrote:

Ron,

I’ve seen this happen with loose power connections. Check to see if there tight. Another thought would be your connections may have some corrosion on them, the radio sat for 3 years. You can select voltage on the K3 menu. If voltage drops off quickly that would be another sign of bad connection. If you run off a battery a bad battery cell will drop the voltage also.

Good luck and 73,

Bill WW5M

On Monday, January 11, 2021, 5:22 PM, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

Also, corrected losses in some power supply lead spade lugs.

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Jan 11, 2021, at 3:21 PM, Mike Flowers via groups.io <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

 What does your K3 report as VDC input?

I had a similar problem and discovered my power supply was low.  Adjusted it so K3 reported 14.3VDC and problem has not reoccurred.

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Jan 11, 2021, at 2:58 PM, n6sc@... via groups.io <n6sc@...> wrote:

Just getting the station back on line after a 3 year medical absence and lots to go back and re-learn. Tore the station completely apart  to carpet and paint the room and decided to just keep it simple on putting the station back together with running the antenna lead directly to Ant 1 port. Made a few contacts on 20 and 40 meters over a week long period and now when I turn on the radio and start off broadcasting my callsign, I can't even finish my callsign and the radio shuts down.

Has happened on both 20 and 40 meters (didn't check any other bands but I do have a 7 band Mosely 67Pro). I did hook up the MFJ259 and swept both bands and SWR less than 2 across the bands. Also used by K3 internal tuner showing a match of 1:1 but the radio still shuts down. Reseated the power cables at the Astron VS-20M and made sure the K3 radio plugged in tight. Still shuts off.

MCU revision is 5.2.9. I know there is a 5.6.7 revision but using my K3 utility app (revision 1.20.1.15) it shows me an error "FtpGetFile completed with error 0x00000005: Access is denied."  when I try to copy files.

Any ideas I should be looking at to get this up and running?

Thanks, Ron N6SC