Re: Repair KI03B on K3S (GOOD NEWS)

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft

Hi Everett,

I apologize for the delay on this. This was -way- too long.

Due to COVID restrictions most of our sales and customer support teams are working from home, along with our engineers. This has caused occasional mis-communications between the outside and inside groups, along with some unavoidable delays.  I stepped in personally to help expedite things today on your problem.

Fortunately the PCB preheating rework station for the particular leadless package type used on the USB IC finally arrived. This is a big help for changing these parts. (Using hot air rework tools without preheating the area under this type of IC package, which has all of its contacts on the bottom plus a central heat-sinking pad, usually results in damage to the board and other components.)

We're working hard to speed up response times and get repairs out more quickly.

73,
Eric    WA6HHQ
elecraft.com