Re: K4 vs Flex

Bill Maddock

I still love my 2 K3 radios and have no intention on selling them anytime soon. I have all the upgrades, so I’m pretty well set. I looked at the K4 , but I also looked at the Flex. I purchased a 6600 without the Maestro. I also use a 43 inch 4K monitor with it. It’s very easy to use and I have no regrets. Being able to cut the RF gain on 160 and 80 makes it easier to tolerate and doesn’t impact S meter reading. Looking forward to 160 and 10 meter contests this year.

On Sunday, November 8, 2020, 10:54 AM, redarlington <rdarlington@...> wrote:

I bought a K3S because I didn't want to be tied to a computer even though 90% of what I do is digital modes.   Sometimes a guy just wants to sit down and spin a knob.

And a week later I found out about the Maestro system.

If I had to do it again, Flex all the way.   I love my K3S.  It's awesome, it's portable.  I use it for FD and WFD, and use it with external transverters, etc.  I really love it.  I bet I would've really loved that Flex more!

-Bob

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 12:21 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
All

I know this is a dumb question to ask here but i am going to do it anyway:

If you had a choice of purchasing a K4 or a Flex right now. What would you do and why?

If you chose the K4 would you order int Kat4 with it?

Mel
NE9A