Re: K3S parts availability???

Szab� Istv�n

K3 is very good quality product made from good quality parts. No issue in the first 10 years. Only the display is a special item but it is used KX3 and KX2 also, just do not drop it. Farnell, Mouser is your friend. Anyhow I think it is better than the competition. The rubber buttons will wear out earlier or later that might be a concern only. If you are concerned buy now spare component and you will be a happy old timer radio owner after decades.

73, István

On 11/7/2020 5:30 PM, Alex OE3JTB wrote:
Hmh
I bought 6 years ago a gently used K3 and made an upgrade with sync board and some additional parts.
I am very satisfied with the TRX.
One of my purchase decision was, I believed Elecraft would store spare parts longer than the well known competitors. on the other hand I prefer simple displays, not theese SDR one.

Several years ago I owned a Kenwood 950 SDX , with was discontinued 6-7 years and when I asked my dealer, if spare parts would be available, he denied some essential parts.
So I sold it quickly , even there where no issues.

So I would asked the experienced here, are there essential issues in the last years as some other brands have had.
I know only some issues with the 4 knobs and broken caps.
I will keep mine as long as I can, today I see no alternative to a K3 according to size, weight and performance.
I believe Elecraft has a good reputation, and they dont gamble away :-)
73 Alex