Re: K3 K3S Parts

redarlington <rdarlington@...>

This isn't Germany.  These aren't cars.  Digikey carries every part in the radio with few exceptions.

-Bob N3XKB

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020, 6:25 PM <gt0hof@...> wrote:

Elecraft should supply spare part for the K3/K3s for at least 10 years after production ends. If these transceivers were cars they WILL have spares for 10 years after the model has gone out of production. In Germany it is law to have spare for 10 years for cars. Are Elecraft just in it for the money? I hope not. As Bob has said these are NOT throw away items. I spent over £5000 4 years ago and if I can’t get spares to repair my K3s I’ll be pissed off to say the least. I would love to have a K4, but I’m retired and have limited funds now I’m not working and I don’t think I’m the only one.

Ken B G0HOF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gerard
Sent: 06 November 2020 23:26
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3 K3S Parts

Bob, that has nothing to do with customer support.  A K3 and K3S should have full support for 10-20yrs.   They are not disposable radios. I'm if I had a Maserati, Ferrari I'd expect the best parts and service Is Elecraft a street company or top range. 😁

On Fri 6 Nov 2020, 15:47 Bob Hammond G4DBW via groups.io, <bobatbay=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Another thought on this one .... once the K4 starts rolling off the production line in significant numbers, I would predict we will see more K3 and K3S appear on the second hand market. Will owners separate out the extras from the basic K3 K3S and sell thiese as stand alone boards/ filters ?

From what I see on ebay there is more money to be made selling these used boards/ filters as separates, which do not necessarlily add the same value to a complete radio.

73

Bob G4DBW