Re: K3S parts availability???

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

I think you identified the issue “ If you are able to repair it yourself”. If you had to send your Drake or Collins to the factory, where would you be? At least with Elecraft factory repair is still available. Once depleted service parts and factory service then we will be in the same situation as with Drake and Collins. Unless one can repair it themselves.

Yes these radios are much more complex. Thus our repair skill and knowledge must advance likewise. That’s not going to be easy. Surface mount skills and digital diagnostics required.