From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Morin
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2020 8:30 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3S parts availability???

Fred, I agree with you that it’s disappointing from a company that enjoys such a stellar reputation for support to discontinue their flagship product without adequate parts in inventory to provide continued support for the product.

I understand that building parts inventory for a discontinued product isn’t the most efficient way to run a business in the short term, but it’s the RIGHT way for long-term success and sustaining customer good will.

I used to work for a large radio manufacturer whose policy it was to maintain a supply of spare parts fo a minimum of 10 years after the cancellation of a product. That usually meant a final production run for spare parts, which the accountants might have thought wasteful but more enlightened management saw as a vital long term investment.

this survey to see which parts have sufficient demand for a production run seems like a penny-punching approach. I had hoped for better when I chose Elecraft for my station equipment.

Mark VA2MM