Re: Best way to remote a K3 or K3S

KE8G

Hi Andy,
Yes, it does.

I started out using Skype, but when MS bought it, they screwed it up, so I went to Teamviewer.  Teamviewer worked well, but I had seen some problems with their policy changes and felt that in the future, amateur radio might be considered a "business" to them; thereby forcing me to purchase it.  So, I changed to Chrome Remote Desktop and it works perfectly, both the audio and the video; allowing me complete control of all my equipment while being remotely operated.

73 de Jim - KE8G

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 9:44 AM Andy Bonnot K5QR <k5qr@...> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 07:53 PM, KE8G wrote:
X-WR-1R12-1i5-i
Hi Jim,

Does Chrome Remote Desktop pass the audio to/from the radio?

I've been using TeamViewer to control the remote computer and radio.  I've been using RemAud for the audio path.  It has a server and client version that talk to each other and the resulting audio channel is 'OK' (better than Skype).  I'm wondering if Chrome Remote Desktop might be a better solution if it includes the audio channel?

73,
Andy - K5QR