Re: K3 Receiver Noise Troubleshooting - PROBLEM SOLVED

Rick Davenport <Ki1g@...>

Hi Peder,

SO2R is a contest category where a single operator uses 2 radios at the same time. While listening on one band with the K3 and transmitting on another band with my second radio I suspect that there may have been a condition where there was excessive RF coming into the receive antenna port of the K3 which caused a hole to be burned through D5.

The KXVA3 board is the transverter board which also houses the recieve only antenna jack.

Additional bandpass filtering has been added external to the receive antenna connector to hopefully prevent this from recurring.

I hope that clears things up for you.

73 Rick KI1G