Re: Question about shipping.

Jeff Clarke KU8E

Customer support told me to remove the transformer before shipping my KPA500. If you leave the transformer in the amplifier it will cost you over $100 each way to ship it to Elecraft. Without the transformer about $50. My finals went out during the height of COVID-19 when they were shutdown. I didn't get it back for almost 3 months and in the meantime I thought it would be good to have a 2nd amplifier so I bought and Acom 1000. I have procrastinated and haven't tackled the job of putting the transformer back in the KPA500 yet. Mine is factory built. If you download the construction manual for the kit (if you built it yourself ) the instructions are pretty detailed on how to do it.

Jeff KU8E