From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Wes Stewart via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 10:15 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3 ANT to IF OUT Conversion Gain

Several different SDR programs will control the SDR-IQ, but why? I find most of them ghastly, with bells and whistles thrown in just because they can.

If your application is a bandscope, looking at a swath of spectrum around the tuned frequency and running off the K3 I-F then there should be no fuss.  The SDR follows the radio, and if you don't point-n-click or tune with the mouse wheel, you never have to touch the SpectraVue program again after setup.

Wes  N7WS

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 4:05:55 AM MST, Charlie T, k3ICH <pincon@...> wrote:

Is there any software out there other than SpectraVue usable for control of the SDR-IQ receiver?

I find the whole tuning function/changing frequency, to be rather tedious.

The combination works fine but so far, it’s a royal PITA to use.

Very likely I’m missing something, but there’s got to be something easier to just tune around, changing bands etc.

Since this is a far OT thread, I would request any response be direct to me at pincon at erols dot com

73, Charlie k3ICH