Re: Shipping a KPA500 to factory.

Jeffrey griffin

Hi Barry. So I’m going to assume that the box they shipped my amp back in is sturdy enough to also ship the amp with the transformer installed? I’m up north for a few more weeks and the shipping box is in Florida. I’ll have to take a good look at it when I get back down there to make sure…

73 Jeff kb2m

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Barry Baines via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 8:15 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Shipping a KPA500 to factory.

Jeff:

My Elecraft shipping boxes are stored at the shack in SE Georgia and I won’t be back there until November when I can do a physical verification.  My recollection is ’no’ as I don’t recall installing a transformer.  The KPA500 manual (Revision D, 24 DEC 13) does not mention installing the transformer, only installing the fuses and setting the “mains” on pp 5-9.

73,

Barry, WD4ASW/1

On Oct 8, 2020, at 7:51 AM, Jeffrey griffin <kb2mjeff@...> wrote:

I recently sent my KPA500 back for repair and as I purchased it as a kit I had no packing! I did remove the transformer after I determined with Elecraft it wasn’t the problem. I boxed it up well  with foam packing, and brought it to a UPS store and had them double box it before shipping. When it was returned Elecraft packed it like they would a new amp  they shipped. So now I have an assembled amp shipping box. Just curious, does Elecraft ship a new amp in two boxes  with the transformer packed separately?

73 Jeff kb2m