From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of George Pappayliou via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 17:50 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Shipping a KPA500 to factory.

I removed the transformer as well—it’s not hard. If you have a factory built unit make sure you note the wiring connections before you unhook them (not necessary on the kit as the hookup instructions are in the manual).

Be sure to insure it. I sent mine back via the USPS and they managed to bash the corner of the box. Because it was at Elecraft getting a repair estimate (sheetmetal only) for the claim was easy and the claim process online was straightforward. They paid promptly. I have heard that UPS insurance claims can be more challenging.

Regards, George

George S. Pappayliou

On Oct 7, 2020, at 5:07 PM, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@...> wrote:

I have to ship my KPA500 from Florida to the factory for repair.

I am sure others had to do the same.

This is a heavy piece of equipment.

I would appreciate advise from other's who done that before.

73, Lou KE1F

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A