Sent: 20/09/2020 22:50:20
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] USB Issue K3S

I too had a problem when I reconnected a USB cable to my K3s. I found or so it seems the length of the USB cable is a problem. When I connected a 1.25 meter cable, the PC would see the K3s but would only RX with no TX, when fitting a 1.5 meter cable, it could not find the K3s at all. But when I tried a 600mm cable, BINGO, all’s well, PC found my K3s TX & RX. So I assume the shorter the cable the better, I am not a techy whizz kid so you tell me why 900mm of cable makes such a big difference? But it seems it does. Maybe my friend Andrew G8BYB might pick up on this thread as he may know more than me.

Ken G0HOF