Re: SWR issue on KPA500

David Bunte

Ray -

We are both making assumptions and we may both be wrong. I believe he could have memorized answers on his own, you assume someone helped him and then dropped the ball. I did not have an Elmer, but have tried to be one to a number of the less experienced hams I have met over the years.

I think your point that someone should step up and teach him is an excellent one. And I think that is what he was asking for. But I still don't understand why you did not take the opportunity to provide even a little bit of the help he was seeking.

We have probably carried this discussion further than necessary, and it is likely not of much interest to others on the list, so I suggest that if we have more to talk about we do so via direct email.

Very 73 de Dave - K9FN

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 5:22 PM Ray Maxfield <wa6vab@...> wrote:

Dave

This Ham Got his Extra Class License, as I see on QRZ site.

It stands to reason, if he passed the Extra Class Test and Does not Understand how to use a 50 ohm load to troubleshoot the problem,

He had Help passing the Test….. Someone Helped him ! ( memorize the answers )

Now that person (his Elmer) needs to step up and Teach his Student The Basics of Ham Radio and Electronics (novice level)

And To the Standard Required for the Grade of License he Holds.

Apparently You don’t agree.   Ray