Re: minimum distance for shelf above K3

Mel Farrer, K6KBE <farrermesa@...>

I do not think there is an absolute answer to your question. Depends on too many installation issues, like max room temperature, added heat from other equipment, etc.  With the internal fan and spacing around it, I would put a thermometer on top of the K3 and see how much temp rise you get over room temperature.  That does not help much in planning a new install.  The word is Adequate ventilation.  As an example, my laptop sits on the desk and gets pretty warm so I made a slated plate with a flat fan to help get rid of the heat.  Just leave room all around for possible added help on getting rid of the heat build up.

Mel, K6KBE

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 1:01 PM todd ruby <todd@...> wrote:
Hello All
Can anyone tell me what would be the minimum safe distance the K3 could operate below a shelf in order to have sufficient ventilation?

tnx
todd
WB2ZAB