KPA3 output erratic

Chuck Miller

Still fighting a problem with my K3. When below 12 watts, every thing is fine. above 12 watts (where the KPA3 kicks in) most of the time it 0 watts, but about the same current you would expect for 100 watts. then after repeated tries, the power will come up and be stable. then the next time I press tune it is back to 0 watts. I notice if I press tune, or press the key in cw, the power is 0 for several seconds (long enough for me to send my callsign 3 or 4 times) and then the power comes back again. It will not pass TX gain calibration because the power does not rise immediately but takes several seconds. Any ideas?

73, Chuck
N0NC