Re: K3 setting for FT8 with KIO3B

Joe Subich, W4TV

MIC SEL : rP.L
MIC+LIN : OFF
Set Mic Sel to "LINE IN" while in DATA_A. Then readjust
your mic gain (Line In).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-07-27 10:30 AM, Manabu Shimoyashiro wrote:
Dear all,
I'm an owner of K3 #3678. Installed KIO3B and KXV3B recently. I cannot complete the setting K3 for FT8. PTT control by CAT and decoding are O.K but when I attempt TUNE, no ALC neither no PWR from JIDX but sounds from microphone connected to K3 via rear panel is transmitted. Currently my parameters are as follows,
PC/Windows10;
sound output : speaker 2-USB Audio CODEC
sound input : microphone  2-USB Audio CODEC
JIDX;
PTT : CAT
Mode : Data/Pkt
Soundcard input/output : 2-USB Audio CODEC
K3 with KIO3B;
MODE : TX DATA
MIC SEL : rP.L
MIC+LIN : OFF
RS232 : USb
LIN OUT : nor 002
KIO3B : nor
I think K3 in TX DATA mode should not transmit any sound and/or voice through microphone when JIDX becomes TX mode. I wonder some setting on my K3 must be wrong but cannot find it. I'd be happy if you could share tips. Thank you in advance.
Manabu, JE1RZR