DM780, FLDIGI, etc. must be on for normal operation.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-07-26 8:27 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
Thanks Joe.
I just spent some time on the phone with K7EG, and indeed, "Allow apps to access your microphone" was OFF (must be a new Windows security setting).  So, the USB Audio CODEC could not be opened by WSJT-X ("Error opening input device"), and the Windows Sound Control Panel showed no audio from the K3 sound card.
Changed "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON, and WSJT-X started working fine again, as did the Windows Sound Control panel "VU Meter".
73,
Bob, N6TV
On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 10:21 AM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@subich.com <mailto:lists@subich.com>> wrote:

> Problem persists on Audio IN side of Codec. Audio out is OK.
In Windows 10 -> PC Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone make sure
that both "Allow apps to access your microphone" and "Allow
desktop apps to access your microphone" are *ON*.

> Don't know if issue is within K3. Issue suddenly appeared yesterday
When did you last update Windows?
73,
    ... Joe, W4TV