Audio issue - loud speaker?

Petr Ourednik

Hi folks,

after super strong station signal hit my K3, the audio from speaker is distorted and it resonates somehow (with cover?).
Also band noise has been distorted somehow at first and band noise audio sound was changed itself.

When switchen K3 off/on the strong beep was heard during boot/start.

After switching K3 off again and keeping K3 off for longer time then turned it on again it sounds better > no strong beep heard but still distorted all signals (even weak) and speaker’s membrane resonates...

SPOT is also distorted and K3 side tone also...

I am a bit surprised and disappointed what could happened in K3. Could it be the loud speaker damage?

Thanks for hints,
Petr, OK1RP