Re: Loses Time

Colin Smithers

I would tune to a high harmonic and so use the accuracy of the K3 reference.

Many clock and watch crystals are optimised for a body-worn temperature, or about 25Celcius.

73, Colin G4CWH

On 7 Jul 2020, at 18:24, Keith_WE6R via groups.io <keithtrinity@...> wrote:

´╗┐The K3"S" has a tweaker under the main VFO knob. You will need a very accurate freq counter. 32.768Mhz. The K3 clock is not very accurate and no adjuster.
I have replaced the CR2032 during repairs per owners request, but the old battery always has good voltage.
IE I have NEVER seen a dead or leaky one. If you don't use the clock, you can take the battery out. It only keeps the clock time.
Keith WE6R Elecraft K3 Tech.