Re: Loses Time

Ware Master

If you take the top cover off with the front of the radio facing you. It is to the left. I think it is a CR2032 button cell.

On Jul 5, 2020 11:57 PM, Michael <mcelmer1@...> wrote:

Kelly, forgot to ask: where is the button cell batttery?

Mike

W8TRN

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Kelly Breed
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2020 18:08
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Loses Time

That does seem a bit large for a delta over 3 days. But you have to remember that the reason a computer keeps such good time is that it is constantly syncing up with time servers. Your (and my) K3 isn’t doing that. I don’t know what is inside the K3 but I doubt they put a lot of expense into a realtime clock.

Kelly

AJ6KZ

On Jul 5, 2020, at 4:40 PM, Ware Master <waremaster@...> wrote:

Possible the button cell battery is weak?

Otherwise I know the win4ksuite has an option to set the time to the computer time each time it's launched.

On Jul 5, 2020 4:04 PM, mcelmer1@... wrote:

I have had a K3 for over a year. The #1 complaint albeit trivial is the clock/time display : if I set it spot on today, within 72 hours it is about 3 minutes slow. I must reset it just about every 3 - 4 days or simply ignore it. Any suggestions?  FWIW, the power supply is always on but the K3 is off most of the day. However there were times when the K3 was on over 12 hours per day and still the clock was out in left field.
Just a PITA with no solution, I believe.