Re: K-3. Knob to adjust power/ problems

Anthony Luscre

I had a similar problem with AF knob on my K3 and it was a split knob that did not tighten down on shaft, so remove knob and turn shaft if problem is gone possible knob if it persists it may be a bad decoder

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 2:53 AM Peter Reinzuch <ve7rez@...> wrote:
The knob you spin to adjust the power output does not change the K-3 power output.  You can spin the knob and the power output does not show as changed. It can take many minutes to adjust the power output In a jerky way so I can drop power to have the Amp on.   Is there a way to tighten the knob so it steps up or down smoothly?  It basically spins freely now?
Peter Reinzuch VE7REZ/w6

--
Anthony Luscre

K8ZT
Ohio Section Section Youth Coordinator & Education Outreach
ARRL - The National Association For Amateur Radio™

k8zt@... (best for Amateur Radio)

The Web Resource Hoarder- www.ZTLearn.com

K8ZT Radio Website- www.k8zt.com

Amateur Radio Resources for Students/Youth - www.k8zt.com/hry